- We deliver our activities in the heart of the most troubled neighborhoods, often in backyards.
- We provide mentoring in boombox electronics, bicycle repair, motorcycle repair, and more. Participants learn to use professional tools, techniques, and terminology.
- We create apprenticeships for at-risk young adults in local vehicle shops, art studios, and machine shops.
- Boombox sales teach entrepreneurship, and offer an opportunity to earn.
Your pre-purchase will enable The BOOM to:
Bayview resident Tank prepares to assemble an amplifier circuit
under BOOM tutoring.
To volunteer, donate, or partner with us, use our registration form below.
For anything else, click here to contact us.
In 2012, we received a $1,500 grant from Hitachi Electronics.
But we cannot continue our activities without pre-sales. Click here to order your boombox today!
We are fiscally sponsored by Empowerment Works, who has created economic development projects through arts and culture in Africa.
The following individuals and organization have indicated their enthusiasm to assist or participate in the project:
(1) Bayview-Hunters Point residents suffer twice the average U.S. rate of asthma, cervical, and breast cancer, and have hospitalization rates that are three times the national rate for congestive heart failure, hypertension, and emphysema. Bayview-Hunters Point and the bordering neighborhood of Potrero Hill also have noticeably higher rates of bronchitis and other upper respiratory diseases in children. More info 1, more info 2.